When you upload a single image to a page/post on the edit screen where you determine meta info (title, caption, and description) you will now have an additional feature of geotagging the image.
Manual installation is easy and takes less than one minute.
- Download the plugin, unpack it and upload the WP Image GeoTagger zip folder to your wp-content/plugins/directory.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins‘ menu in WordPress.
- Go to your main WordPress left menu > Hover Over Media > Image GeoTagger
- Search/find the pictures you want to geotag then select them and find the location on the map want to use for the images location and once you have done that click the button “Update Media”.
- That’s it! You’re done, all of the images you selected will now reflect the location you choose.
What does this plugin do?
This plugin allows the website admin to select images to geotag to a specific location.
How does this benefit me?
Geotagged images gives your site local relevance for any local niche/keyword you want higher rankings for in the serps.
What File Types of Images Will It GeoTag?
It will only work for .jpg and .jpeg photos it is currently not possible to geotag .png files.
Release Date – May 31, 2018
- First Released.