How to get your plumbing website seen, drive more traffic and book more jobs online.
So let’s just say you are a bidding plumber. You have ventured into the plumbing business on your own and designed that all-crucial plumbing website. It is your online storefront. No need for that brick-and-mortar office anymore. Nowadays, all you require are those virtual browsers –homeowners who are interested in the plumbing services you are offering.
But how do you attract such homeowners to your plumbing website?
The problem that most plumbers face isn’t about how they can start a blog or set up a plumbing website; it is about how they can drive relevant traffic to their site.
Word of mouth has conventionally been thought of as the most crucial way for local businesses, such as plumbing companies or HVAC, to gain new clients. But, times have changed. Studies show that over 90% of clients utilize the internet to find local services and products.
You might have invested in an engaging, well-designed plumbing website for your plumbing company. But even the best website can’t attract new customers if it’s never been seen! So how do you make your plumbing or HVAC business get more visitors to your website and stand out from the competition? We offer the top four online marketing hacks below.
1. Plumbing SEO Tips to Boost Traffic to Your Website
Just built an awesome plumbing website? But what good does it bring if no prospect or client sees it? These simple SEO tweaks and tricks will help you rank higher in Bing, Google, and other search engines and get your plumbing website seen.
The organic search results are typically natural results that show up on the search engine result page when a user types in an online search query.
If you want your plumbing business to rank in organic search results (how high up your HVAC or plumbing website appears in the natural results), you can utilize search engine optimization. SEO is a set of practices that make your plumbing website both user-friendly and search-engine friendly. Here are some SEO strategies you can use to improve your plumbing website ranking in organic search results:
- Pick Relevant Keywords Related to Plumbing: You can utilize the keyword research tools (paid and free) to know keyword topics that are related to plumbing. These can assist you to understand the search terms or trends and offer you ideas on what to discuss on your plumbing website, which can be very crucial when figuring out where to start.
- Website copy that utilizes phrases that prospects may be looking for, like [City Name] plumbing repair, or [ Name of the city] plumber
- Create quality content regularly: Content is king. As long as you create great content on your plumbing website, you will keep prospects coming back for more and more.
- Write guest posts: Guest posting for other plumbing websites is a good way to increase referral traffic, generate backlinks and increase your rankings on search engine results pages. The use of backlinks of your plumbing website’s reputation, particularly third-party, reputable websites.
- Exchange backlinks: With so many plumbers trying to increase site traffic, there are countless opportunities for exchanging backlinks.
2. Use Paid Search Advertising to Drive Relevant Traffic to Your Plumbing Website
Advertising your plumbing services through social media, display, and social media ads can be a great way for increasing plumbing website traffic. Paid search campaigns are key to growing your plumbing company. Why? Because it boosts the number of impressions your plumbing company obtains online. When a local property owner looks for relevant plumbing search terms, they will see your company at the top of search results. When your ads appear for the right keywords, potential clients will begin to recognize your brand name.
Paid search campaigns can convert your average browser into a potential client. When they are ready to take another step in their buying journey, they will already be familiar with your plumbing business. Then, when they are now ready to pick up their phone and call your business to fix your flooded basement, you will be the first plumber that they will think of.
Nowadays, the prominent results on most search engine result pages are paid search advertisements, also called Pay-Per-Click (PPC) ads. Such results come with an “Ad” label.
For maximum exposure in search results, your plumbing company should use both PPC and SEO. This improves your chance of getting noticed by prospects online, and it offers you a competitive advantage over other plumbing contractors online.
With plumbing paid search ad campaign, your business can:
- Boosting Online Visibility: By securing higher rankings on Bing or Google, you can avoid your plumbing website from being drowned out by the competitors in searches that are related to your business.
- Target the Right Market: When you launch your ads, you can opt to target particular audiences by factors like demographics, location, device, and more. You can even target homeowners who had already visited your plumbing business.
- Capture Traffic while working on your plumbing SEO: Higher organic results take a lot of time and effort to build. In the meantime, paid search advertising campaigns offer your plumbing business instant visibility; which helps prospects find your plumbing company even when it is not ranking on the first page of the search engine results page.
Here are some tips that can help you make the most out of your plumbing PPC campaigns:
- Conduct comprehensive keyword research makes sure that you reach the right target audience while maximizing your ROI
- Perform competitor research: Analyzing your rival’s PPC strategies can assist you to craft a strategy that makes your ads outrank them online.
- Develop your design and copy: Creating an effective plumbing ad needs expertise in design and copywriting.
- As your paid search campaign runs, continue testing your design, targeting, and copy while adjusting them based on your results.
- Track your results: reporting and tracking the data on the outcomes of your campaign offers you data you can use to enhance the performance of your campaign.
3. Local SEO: Make Sure Your Plumbing Company is Accurately Listed on the Web
Besides the organic and paid search results, search engines like Google also feature local map results.
Such results show plumbers that are nearby or near the searcher’s location. This is another crucial way that plumbing companies such as your direct interested prospects to their websites.
If you want your plumbing business to show up in the map results, you should have accurate online directory listings. You should begin setting up your Bing places for business and Google My Business profiles, as Google pulls from this information for the map listings. Next, make sure that your listings online are accurate and consistent on major directory sites such as YP.com and Yelp.
It’s crucial to maintain your key business details- your business name, address, and phone numbers, up-to-date across all online directory listings online. Conflicting details or information can impact your position in local map search and local SEO results for your plumbing business. It can also confuse potential clients, which also hurts your business.
4. Social Media: Meet Prospects Where They Frequent Most
Your prospects are spending a significant amount of their time on social media networks. They are browsing Facebook to connect with their family or friends, checking on Twitter to see what’s trending, and watching YouTube videos for DIY tutorials and other videos.
By remaining active on social media platforms, your plumbing business has a good chance of grabbing the attention of your target market or audience. You can use organic and paid posts to reach potential clients, let them know about your plumbing company, and even convince them to take desired actions, like visiting your plumbing website.
Need Help Marketing Your Plumbing Company? Our Plumbing Marketing Professionals Can Help
Managing a comprehensive internet strategy for your plumbing or HVAC business on your own is daunting. With an ever-evolving online landscape, it can be simple to get left behind. Fortunately, Blackstorm Design + Marketing is here to help.
Our team of plumbing marketing experts can handle each aspect of your online marketing, from the design of your site to the online marketing campaigns that help your business obtain more visitors and new clients.
Incorporating the tips discussed above into your plumbing marketing strategy will have a huge impact on both paid and organic traffic for your plumbing website. You will easily increase conversion rates and generate more qualified loads.
These plumber marketing ideas are only as good as what you implement of them. Take your time off to implement these strategies in your plumbing business and see your conversion rates skyrocket over time.
To build a great and successful plumbing company, you have to invest in a local advertising strategy. These plumbing marketing strategies above are some of the effective ways to achieve that.
If all of the above seems like too much work for you, don’t worry, you don’t have to carry all these burdens alone. Your friends at Blackstorm Design + Marketing can help you with all plumbing advertising and marketing needs.
Schedule a free discovery call session with Blackstorm Design + Marketing and learn how we can work together to put your plumbing company on top today.