Generate More Leads, Build Trust and Grow Your Plumbing Business with Local Service Ads
Google constantly tests, removes, and adds more search result features to connect home service businesses like plumbing or roofing companies with local customers. Your plumbing company can now be found at the top of organic search results courtesy of Google Local Service Ads.
As a plumber, you need to keep your calendar filled with booked service appointments, and with approximately 3 billion searches daily conducted by clients searching for a local business on google, if you are not using local service ads for plumbing contractors, you are missing out on new sales and leads, guaranteed.
If you don’t have a local plumbing advertising strategy, it is time to develop one. With Google Local Service Ads for plumbers, you can easily attract qualified plumbing leads and convert them into paying clients without wasting your advertising dollars.
This post will discuss how Google Local Service Ads can drive incredible results for your plumbing business and how to get started with local service ads.
Without further ado, let us dive in!
What Are Google Local Service Ads for Plumbers?
Similar to conventional Pay-Per-Click ads, Google local service ads show up on the top of organic search results- just above the organic listings.
Unlike the traditional Google Ads, where you pay for every click your ad gets, local service ads are pay per lead platform, and as such, it is a distinct platform from Google Ads, but Google owns the two platforms.
These ads help local potential clients find your business, understand more about your plumbing services and call your business to take the next step of scheduling some service appointments.
Local Service Ads for plumbers typically display three plumbing businesses at the very top of the search engine results page.
Browsers can select from these three plumbing contractors or choose “more plumbers” to view other options.
After visiting the “more plumbers”, you will see a whole page full of local plumbing contractors. At the top of the page, users can filter plumbing businesses by selecting their required service.
The filtering option makes it easy to find the right plumbing contractor that fits your unique needs. Once a browser identifies the right plumber, they click on the listing to obtain more information.
The main difference between local service ads and conventional Google Ads is this:
When investing in the traditional Google Ads, you are simply paying Google to direct more traffic to your site
When investing in Google local service ads, you are paying Google for qualified plumbing leads.
Local Services Ads direct prospects to contact your plumbing company without even clicking off from the search engine result page. They never visit your plumbing website but instead see key information snippets that guide their purchasing decision. These snippets include:
- Opening and closing hours
- Service area
- Client reviews
- Phone number
As a plumber, you should not perceive Local Services and Google Ads as an either-or option when crafting your plumbing marketing strategy but rather as different and complementary tools in your marketing plan, like plumbing SEO, that you can utilize to reach various audiences.
Read on to learn more about how plumbing contractors across the U.S. generate more sales and leads through the Google Local Service Ads for plumbers.
Why Should Plumbers Invest in Google Local Service Ads?
Are you still on the fence about using Local Service Ads to market your plumbing business? Keep reading to understand more about our top benefits for using Local Service Ads in your plumbing company:
Local Services Ads for plumbers drive More clicks and Visibility
When prospects look for something quickly on Google, they are directed to a set of search engine results pages(SERPS). SERPS typically include a mixture of local service ads and conventional Google Ads, organic search results, and local results (which are generally mapped).
Local Services Ads are normally placed at the top of all other kinds of results, including the normal google Ads. This offers your plumbing business a true competitive advantage since such top results normally attract more clicks.
Having a listing at the very top of search results increases visibility and helps you get more leads for your plumbing company. And since Local Service Ads are one of the newest Google features, many of your rivals aren’t using them yet, offering you the chance to be the first to advertise your service with this marketing strategy.
As a strategy for rolling out the local service ads, Google launched the Google Guaranteed badge for plumbing contractors, which offers prospects more confidence when moving forward with making a hiring decision.
The Google Guarantee benefits both your clients and business. For instance, if a client schedules a service appointment through Google Local Services Ads, they can get their money back if they aren’t satisfied with the plumbing services offered. This kind of satisfaction guarantee could make them more likely to hire your business than your competitors.
With Local Service Ads, You Only Pay for Verified Leads
Irrelevant and spammy leads are a waste of your advertising dollars and time. As a plumber, you only pay for leads from the Local Services platform if the client contacts you and is a verified lead. For whatever reason, if your lead becomes unqualified, you can raise a dispute for the lead fee with Google and refund your money. This helps you optimize your advertising dollars and increase ROI from your internet marketing campaigns.
Local Services Ads for Plumbers Offer Affordable Leads
With many marketing channels, it can be hard or even impossible before you launch your campaign to know how much money you will require to spend to obtain a positive return on your investment (ROI). Fortunately, that’s not a challenge with Local Services Ads. Before you launch your LSA, during the process of setup, Google will offer you the cost-per-lead (CPL) you can expect.
The CPL is not a generic guess-it is specific to your geographic location and plumbing industry. You can then set your ad budget depending on either a dollar amount or desired leads per week, and Google also helps you decrease or increase your budget at any time.
How Do Google Local Services Ad for Plumbers Work?
Whenever a property owner looks for plumbing services in your area, the major thing they will notice in Google results are the Local Service Ads.
Local Services ads for plumbers feature your business profile, with your company name, hours of operation, phone numbers, and aggregate review rating.
Once a browser chooses your company’s local service profile, they are directed to a page that has information that Google knows prospects or clients require to make an informed buying decision;
- Business Overview: This will be a list of all the plumbing services your company offers, what makes you unique(differentiators), hours of operation, and your service area. If you are a home service business that provides HVAC or plumbing services (or any other home improvement service available through Local Services), you can market these on your profile.
- Company bio: Here, you may mention some of the accomplishments you are proud of –”veteran-owned” or “family-owned”. You might mention the number of years you have been in business and list discounts you are currently offering.
- Reviews: Online reviews can break or make a client’s decision to hire your plumbing business. Thus, you need to generate as many 5-star reviews on your profile as possible to showcase your exceptional work to other potential customers with your Local Services profile.
- Google Guarantee Badge: Google is always proud of its brand, and you will notice a Google Guaranteed badge appear two times on the local services listing, along with a brief explanation for clients that don’t know what that implies: “Your business has passed Google’s plumbing verification and screening process.”
How can Plumbers Get Started with Local Service Ads in a few easy steps?
Alright, so far, we have discussed the how and what of the Google Local Services ads for plumbers, but how do you get started? Here are some simple steps you need to follow:
1. Apply for the program. Local Services Ads are available nationwide.
2. Google starts its “due diligence”. They will get copies of your company license(s), business insurance, and new background checks for business owners and any plumbers entering clients’ homes. It is important to note that the background checks should be done for the plumbing company owners and every employee on your team who will be out in the field. Even if one of your plumbing technicians is not background checked or fails to pass the verification process, you cannot obtain the Google Guaranteed Badge. Such background checks will take anywhere between 2-and 6 weeks.
3. While Google is conducting its due diligence, you should already set up your local service ads profile. Here is what you need to do:
- Build your business profile – the basics like your opening and closing hours, service area (s), and telephone number
- Include an overview – what kind of plumbing services do you offer
- Company bio – what are the unique selling propositions about your plumbing company.
- Reviews – if you have already been getting reviews online on your Google My Business profile, these will pop up on your local services ad profile as well.
Why Hire Blackstorm Design + Marketing to Manage Your Local Services Ads for Your Plumbing Company?
Expertise, convenience, and a streamlined process. We handle it all on your behalf.
Google Local Services Ads for plumbers always come with a stringent qualification and screening process. Thus, it takes more than understanding your plumbing business inside and out, as you need expert knowledge in local Services Ads. Becoming a Google Guaranteed plumbing company and enjoying the advantages of being one can be a boom for your company, but you may be wondering how. Besides, you will pay per lead with local services ads, so recoding your leads and disputing unqualified ones will take digital savvy and experience.
Blackstorm Design + Marketing is the advanced local Service Ads Management Agency for plumbers. Make sure that your plumbing business relies on experts that understand Local Service Ads for Plumbers thoroughly.
Blackstorm Design+ Marketing is the top choice of many home service contractors in managing their Local Service Ads efforts since we know what it takes to become a Google Guaranteed business and make it work to your advantage. We include every effort in managing your LSA requirements to assist you in maximizing their ROI benefits for your plumbing business.
At Blackstorm Design +Marketing, our Google Local Services Ads Service include:
- Application process: Our experts will handle everything, including the first steps to make sure you obtain a solid online reputation.
- Phone Answering Service: we will deal with fielding concerns and questions from prospective leads.
- Reviewing and recording phone calls: we will help distinguish leads and ensure that you only obtain those relevant to your plumbing services.
- Managing reviews: We will analyze every customer review to ensure that they come from your verified clients.
- Reporting and Tracking: Our experts will help you supervise data, including ROI and cost.
Frequently Asked Questions About Google Local Services Ads for Plumbing Contractors.
Now, let us discuss some of the contractors’ common questions concerning Google Local Services Ads for plumbers.
Do Google Local Service Ads for Plumbers work?
From the quality of call perspective, local services ads are definitely worth your plumbing business. The rate of verified leads per phone call exceeded that of paid search campaigns and that of other internet marketing channels.
What is the difference between Google Local Services Ads and Google Ads?
Google Ads are referred to as Pay-Per-Click (PPC) ads, implying that you pay each time a prospect clicks on your ad-even if they don’t contact your plumbing business at all. With Google Local Services Ads, you will pay per lead instead of the click, implying that you are only charged when potential clients call your business through the ad.
How do you run a local service ad for your plumbing business?
Here are some steps you can take to create a local services ad:
- Check your Eligibility – Local service ads aren’t available everywhere, and thus you need to check whether your state or service area is eligible.
- Creating a local service ads profile
- Submit the relevant documents
- Complete the background check
- Set your budget
- Review Ad leads
Start Driving Consistent Plumbing Leads from Google Local Service Ads
Google Local Service Ads for plumbers will assist you to generate more local customers for your plumbing business. It is a great investment if you search for ways to obtain new leads through internet marketing methods.
If Local Services ads feel like a challenging task, Blackstorm Design + Marketing experts are here to help. With many years of experience, we understand how to optimize Local Services Ads to meet your unique business requirements.
Do you want to learn more about how Blackstorm Design + Marketing can assist your plumbing business flourish online?
Schedule a free strategy session with our Local Service Ads experts to get started today.