Hire a Roofer SEO Agency to Build Your Site
We understand the struggles that come along with being in a competitive niche. The keywords are hard to come by, there are countless competitors locally, and Google takes forever to increase your site rank. When trying to optimize your site through roofing service SEO, there are several metrics that come into place. With search engine optimization, the right keywords are necessary to ensure your website is ranking highly for the specific audience you are trying to reach. A roofer SEO agency not only knows how to target those keywords for your site but also offer additional services to help your website outrank local competitors. How can we help your business grow?
Why hire a roofer SEO agency to build my site?
There are many reasons to consider hiring a search engine optimization and web design team to do this work for you. Some of these reasons are:
- The team can dedicate the time to do keyword research.
- We focus on building a user-friendly site.
- Web design experts know what is required to rank well online (mobile site, quick load speeds, organic search results, etc.).
- A web designer will build a site that is optimized for any mobile device, not just a desktop.
There are so many factors that will be weighed when Google is determining where your site falls, for example, in a search for “the best roofer in Washington (or other location)”. Therefore, it’s important to ensure your website is optimized for that location, the right keywords, and general roofing service knowledge, to ensure you outrank local competitors.
What services will a roofer SEO agency provide?
That’s really up to you as a business owner. As much or as little as you choose. At BlackStorm web design, we can do something as basic as building your website. This would include the design, adding product pages, page descriptions, and creating local search results. Or, we can do a little more if you need. Some of the services we can offer are:
- Search engine optimization and keyword research
- Creating blog content and other organic materials to help you rank highly on Google
- Creating a website that’s mobile-friendly so people can find you from any device, anywhere
- PPC ads (pay per click) which site atop Google’s first page, and you only pay when searchers click on your site
- Retargeting your site, which includes retargeting the right keywords and location to help local customers find you online
It’s really going to depend on how your website currently looks and how you want it to look. We can do as much or as little as you need us to do when performing roofing service SEO services for your website.
Think about how you perform a search, for virtually anything. When doing a roofing service SEO search, for example, customers are going to add specific words. Some of these include “roofer”, “installation”, “repair”, and so forth. Then, they are going to add a location, including terms like “in Washington”, “near my home”, and other descriptions to find local companies where they live (not only Washington, any state or city where the searcher lives).
Think about your business. If your website is not optimized for those local searches, you are missing out on a lot of hits and visits. Ultimately, you are losing customers who never know your website exists. And, when people use their mobile device, they can choose to have companies pop up that are nearby to where they are searching. If you do not have Google or Apple Maps set up on your site, you are not going to reach those searchers.
Location is highly important today and it is one of the many factors Google will look at, in determining where your site will rank for specific keywords when targeting search engine optimization rank.
How do you optimize my site for local searches?
Our team at BlackStorm design will take the reigns here. We will make sure your website is listed as a Google business, which is free of charge. We will include your local address, phone number, maps, and other information, so searchers can find you locally. We will also search the web for other places your website is located. For example, if there are Google or Yelp reviews, we will make sure the information is the same as that listed on your website. Additionally, we are going to include this information on your website, so customers can clearly find you and know where you are located.
Additionally, when you hire our roofer SEO agency to optimize your site, we will:
- Make sure information is accurate on all platforms (if there are discrepancies from one place to another we will fix them).
- Make sure your site is mobile-friendly and easy to geo-target.
- Allow searchers to find you through web searches and maps searches.
- Furthermore, we can include PPC ads (pay per click) as part of your roofing service SEO package, to help people know where your site is locally when they click on these paid ads.
- We can also include a blog and other organic search methods to help searchers find you locally.
There are numerous ways we can go about optimizing your site for a local searcher. We can do as many or as few of these as you would like us to do, and we will build a package for you that fits your budget.
What is organic SEO?
Organic SEO includes the things you do to your site, which aren’t paid to advertise. This can include:
- Building a blog
- Creating product descriptions
- Incorporating the right keywords on your page (without spamming it or over-optimizing the site)
- Including pictures of the work you do (before and after photos)
- Including customer reviews on your website
The roofing service search engine optimization work we do can include organic services as well as paid for services when you hire us to do your marketing and advertising work. Additionally, the web design work we can provide is also going to help your site do well organically. We’ll make sure your site is optimized for mobile devices as well as desktops. We will make sure it loads quickly on any device and that visitors can clearly see images and content when they visit.
Basically, anything that adds value to your visitor gives them knowledge about what they are searching for, and provide them with information that will help them make an informed decision about hiring a roofer locally, will serve as organic SEO. We can help create this, as well as the paid-for ads you will see on Google and other search engines.
Just as important as local SEO for your roofing service company is the use of social media. People are on their mobile devices for over one hour each day (far more for most people). And, you can imagine just how long they are on Facebook or Instagram looking at photos. Therefore, your roofing service site has to be optimized for the social media platforms as well.
Our team at BlackStorm media can also do this work as part of the roofing service SEO package we can design for you. We will:
- Add images to Instagram.
- Create regular posts for Facebook.
- Share snaps on Snapchat.
- Make sure your Twitter feed is lively.
No matter what platforms your visitors are on, we can incorporate your business onto these social media platforms. And yes, it does matter. Even if you think a roofing service company doesn’t need social media, you do. It is a way to connect with your audience and to reach them on even more sites and places online, so they know you exist. It is also a way to reach out to those who do not know your company exists. A simple search can lead to an entirely new audience base you did not know existed and were looking for your services. And, the best part is that social media ads are free. So, you aren’t going to pay a premium to post photos on Instagram or to share a campaign or marketing effort online through Facebook or Twitter. You can do this regularly and promote your services, sales, and other tactics you choose to use, in order to appease to your audience.
Okay, how much will you cost?
Of course, you want to know how much it is going to cost you for roofing service search engine optimization services. Not only will a roofing service SEO team develop the content your visitors are going to see, but we will also work to ensure your site is going to rank highly on Google. We are going to work for first page rankings, for every keyword that your site is trying to target. And, because we specialize in this work, we will help get your site ranked up there faster than you would be able to do, through traditional organic work alone.
The price you are going to pay for roofer SEO agency to work on your site is going to depend on various factors. These include:
- The services (we can develop a package for web design, SEO, keyword targeting, rebranding, social media, and more). Alternatively, we can design your website and nothing more. The price will depend on the frequency of services and the package that we set up for your company when you hire us for your roofing service search engine optimization needs.
- How long you need us. If you need a monthly service team or a one-time job, we can develop different package prices for you. Depending on your budget, our roofer SEO agency can develop a package which you can afford, and one which is going to drive the best results to your website in helping it rank well for Google through the keywords you are targeting.
- Where your business is. If you need location services, marketing, PPC ads, and other local services, we can also develop a location-based package for your business. Not only can we develop a roofing service SEO package that fits your budget, but also one which allows us the flexibility to develop content that hits your local audience.
- Organic and paid for services. Depending on whether you need PPC ads or a mix of organic and PPC roofing service search engine optimization work, the prices for the packages we can set up for your business are going to vary.
- The quality of your current site. Depending on how well your site is already developed, there might not be much to do. Our team is honest and will give you a fair quote based upon how much we have to do, and how many areas we have to fix (fixing a few keyword discrepancies, versus rebuilding your entire site and doing a mobile site, is obviously going to incur a different price for customers who choose to hire us).
Ready to revolutionize your business and do well locally for SEO searches?
The answer to this question is obviously “yes”, for most roofing service businesses anyway. You want more traffic and new customers to your site. If, however, you are happy with having a few customers and not growing, then you possibly don’t need to retarget or rebrand your site in a manner that is going to reach out to the masses. But, if you do, we are here to help.
If you are ready to build your site up, need professional roofer SEO agency services, and want to ensure the best work and website design is done, our team is here to help you through all phases of the process. Give us a call at BlackStorm Design. We will discuss our packages with you, pricing, and the different roofing service search engine optimization services that can provide for your business and website design needs. Do not hesitate to reach out. We have dedicated design teams ready to answer your roofing service SEO questions and to provide you with a quote for the work that you would like to hire us to do when developing your website content, and both on and offline marketing service needs.
*** Roofing Service SEO Update ***
2019 has seen many changes in SEO and Google’s algorithms. What’s this mean for your roofer website in 2020 and beyond? Let’s dive into some changes, and how it will affect roofing service SEO moving into the new year.
Roofing Service SEO: What Will Happen in 2020 and Beyond?
Google’s algorithms change constantly. What won’t change is that you’ll still see Google Ads and more local city/state ads atop the rankings. With so much space being taken up by paid ads, is it still worth investing in roofing service SEO? Yes, and here are a few findings that indicate why.
- 71% of all clicks are still from organic results (i.e. SEO)
- 65% of all clicks are to the top 5 organic listings
With these figures, it’s easy to see why SEO is still relevant! If you have budgeted for it, sure, you should add in a few paid ads. But, don’t forego roofing service SEO, this is still the bread and butter of where visitors are coming from.
Here’s another simple example. If you have issues with plumbing, when you search Google for plumbers near me, you’re likely going to go down to the organic results. Only about 14% of all searchers choose the paid ads. Most of us, are going to look for companies that put in the work to rank organically. So no, you shouldn’t stop investing in SEO for your roofer website in 2020 and beyond.
What is Roofing Service SEO & Why’s it Important for your Business?
SEO is search engine optimization. It’s the process of adding content to your website to help rank organically through search engines. Why’s it important? About 94% of consumers search for things before purchasing. And, people tend to choose the results which are atop the search engine ranking.
Several studies show that if you aren’t at the top of the search engine ranking page (SERP), you’re losing customers. SEO will not only help you reach the top but also outshine local competitors in your industry. Search engines crawl every page of your website, so it’s not just the homepage that matters. You need to deliver content searchers are looking for, everywhere on your website, to get the returns.
Roofing Service SEO will look for
- Relevant links
- Blogs and valuable information
- HTML code, and more
All of this affects your SERP ranking. To get more roofing service leads for your business, you need to hit page one on Google. Without the proper roofing service SEO tactics in place, you’re not going to get there. This is why it’s extremely important to focus on content, quality, and delivering invaluable information to your audience.
With Roofing Service SEO Today, What are the 3 Primary Changes?
Detailed & Well-Written Content Matters
For each service you offer, you need a separate page on your website. Some examples are
- Gutter cleaning and repair
- Roofing Service repair
- Roofing Service installation, and so forth
You’ll want to break this down even further. Include information like the type of roofing service materials, whether you do electrical work, the types of repairs, and so forth. When you’re creating content, you need a page for every type of service. Here’s a further breakdown of what you should be including pages for
- Type of service
- Benefits of performing those services
- Pictures of work done (before/after)
- Referrals and testimonials page
The more pages on your site, the better. And, including the radius you serve (most companies do 25 to 50 miles), make sure you add reviews on each page, add local terms, and make it localized to your market. You can do this by city or area (for example, Nashville, TN, or the region of Christina, TN – and you’d do this for any city/state combo).
You must write quality, not quantity. If people are clicking on your site, and instantly hitting the back button to return to Google, you have high bounce-back rates. Google hates this and will penalize you. So, focus on quality and delivering what your audience is looking for. It’s important to create engaging content that feeds your audience. You want them to contact you by the team they leave your site.
Low Quality/Spam Links Will Lower your Ranking
Links are still highly valuable. But, after the Penguin update, it’s about quality, not quantity. If your site is full of spammy links, you’re going to take a hit. Instead, link to relevant sources, and high authority sources in your niche. If they’re not relevant to your roofer website and roofing service in general, don’t include them. It’s a good idea to have a professional team review your links and their authority. Likewise, you can use a tool like “Search Console” which is an analytical tool to rank the quality of your links.
Google will also penalize you if all your links are the same in terms of the anchor text. So, if each link you add, on every page of your site, is to “Tennessee Roofer,” Google will punish you. Instead, mix it up and link to other terms/text like
- Click here
- Learn more today
- Why choose us, and so forth
Alternate your anchor text when adding links to different pages.
Physical Location Matters: Google Maps is a Must-Have
You need a physical location today and you need to be listed on Google Maps. An update dating back to 2014 (Pigeon) penalized companies with
- Multiple fake addresses
- Virtual stores
- UPS mailboxes, and other fake addresses
Many companies still try these tactics, but make sure you have the right address, phone number, and have a physical storefront. You want people to find you, don’t you?
What’s New for Ranking in 2020 & Beyond?
Google’s smarter today. With AI and other tools, your focus has to be on user-interaction today, not loads of horrible content and trying to get past the SEO police. This won’t work! So, what is important? Here are some things to incorporate.
CTR is Important
Click through rates or CTR, is important. But, what is CTR? It’s when someone types “Denver roofer” and scrolls down to the Google Maps section. If they click on your site, this is a click-through onto your site. Google will count how much your CTR increases and you will see an increase/decrease in the ranking, based upon these figures.
Scroll Rate & On-page time
Now that they’re on your page, are people scrolling through the homepage and going to other pages on the site? Or, are they just visiting and leaving? This determines your on-page time.
These greatly impact your ranking. Bounce rate refers to people who visit your site, don’t do anything, and click the back button on their browser. You can keep an eye on these figures on the Google Analytics page. Do so, it’s extremely important to your roofing service SEO rank.
Branding Your Business
Online branding is huge. Make sure your company is mentioned on news channels or that you’re linked/referenced on authoritative pages. Google loves this. Make sure you brand yourself online and create a positive image of your company.
Citation & Relevant Links
How often you’re cited and the relevance of the links you add to your page is huge. But, what more should you be focusing on?
Keywords Based on Service/Location/and Search Volume
This isn’t complicated. It’s the terms people type when they go to Google (i.e. Denver roofing service contractor). There are three specific intent keywords which are most important to keyword research including
- Awareness keywords
- Research & comparison of keywords
- Buying intent keywords
“How much is roofing service replacement?” People are searching to become aware or learn something about the service you offer. They’re informational queries.
Research & Comparison Keywords
Who’s the “Best roofing service company near me?” These are questions where people want to compare and research the top local roofers. These searches help you get found.
Buying Intent Keywords
“Roofing Service repair companies in Denver.” These searches are done by people who are ready to buy. If you’re not at the top of the pile, you’re not getting the sale!
How do you Find Keywords?
Google them! You’ll see a list of Google suggestions based upon the first few words people are typing in. Apart from this, you can use tools like
- Google Keyword Tool
- Spyfu, and others
Using these tools and keywords, you’ll learn the average number of monthly searches, and how many people are visiting your site. Having a page or each city/neighborhood is one of the easiest ways to build your roofer website and increase roofing service SEO rank instantly.
Examples of Keyword Structure
Some suggestions to consider are
- City+ roofing service company OR City + roofing service services
- City + roofers OR City + roofing service contractors
- City + roofing service replacement
Add-ons to consider are
- Near me or in my area
- Affordable, and so on.
As long as you have city + service, you’ll do well with roofing service SEO rank.
Let’s start with a Google Mobile test. This will tell you how your site is seen on mobile devices and how navigable it is. Your results pop up in about 30 seconds. If you get a red X, you’re not doing too well. A green circle is a good sign. Just because your site looks good on the desktop, doesn’t’ mean it’s mobile-friendly.
Great Content for Visitors is Key
Leverage multimedia alongside your written content. Videos and YouTube are great options. They’re interactive and teach your audience. Videos help improve user metrics and also add value by showing customers your work, rather than just writing about it.
Images also help, but stock images will hurt your site. Have professionally taken photos and add them to your website. People want a mix of imagery and relevant content. Make sure you’re feeding both angles to increase roofing service SEO ranking.
A page for Each Service
Pages should be granular. Also, make sure you have keywords in titles, tags, and headers throughout the content.
H1: Main Keyword/ H2 & H3: Relevant Keywords
H-tags tell Google what the page is about. For the H1-tag, have your main keyword present. And, for H2 and H3-tags, make sure you have “relevant” keywords. These can be variations of your primary keyword. It not only helps your roofing service SEO ranking but also adds value and informs visitors what they’re going to see. Make sure relevant keywords indicate what the content of the page is, not just some random variation of the primary keyword.
Meta Descriptions are Important
Your meta description is what pops up below the link on Google in organic searches. Therefore, your meta description should indicate what’s going to be on the page. Make it coherent, also include location, services, and what your company does. You want people to click!
Names & Numbers in Footers
Schema allows you to integrate phone numbers and addresses to the footer. This will help your roofer website with SEO and also with Google Maps. Remember, we discussed that earlier!
Continually Blog Updates
Blog regularly. Updates, new service offerings, informational posts, and more. Google crawls your website. Each new page/content shows Google your site is active. This helps increase the SEO rank. And, relevant content, which helps your visitor, is what you should be adding regularly. So, don’t forget to update your blog frequently, with useful content to your audience.
Claim/Optimize My Business Page
Google My Business Listing is Free. If your site is listed, but not claimed, claim it. You’ll get a verification number to text, and you’ll verify you are the owner. On this page, you can add images, make sure your hours are properly listed, the address and phone number are correct, and fill out all relevant content.
You’ll get reviews through here. Whether they’re good or bad, respond. It shows you’re an actual company, and that you care about your customers.
Quality Citations Across to Build Your Brand
Make sure your site is listed on at least as many reputable sources as your competitors. Yelp, Google, CRA, and more. The more your website is cited, the more credible searchers will believe it to be.
Facebook, Google My Business, BirdEye, Review Buzz, and more. Make sure you have great reviews on these sites. And, if there are false reviews, reputation management is essential. Work quickly and make sure there are reviews, posted on credible third-party sites.
Yelp, HomeAdvisor, Angie’s List, and others. Make sure your site is listed on these relevant, trusted sites. Linking is highly important for SEO, so make sure your site is visible.
Rank in the Top-3 of Google Maps
Google Maps, My Business, and Getting listed work hand-in-hand. My Business focuses on getting your roofer website optimized. It also helps get listed on citation directories, social media, Google, Bing, Yahoo, and so forth. Many people forget about Apple Maps; don’t make this mistake. It will help increase rank as well. Your reviews are also important, so check Google My Business, and respond to reviews regularly.
Tackle the low-hanging fruit to help increase rank. Google Maps is in front of you, so make sure your site is properly listed there. Local groups and roofing service directories are also relevant. Then there’s Facebook, Instagram, and other social media sites. Get listed on the BBB (it’s paid, but does help). If you’ve been seen in the local news, or support charities locally, add links to your site. Google likes consistency and to see you are listed on the top sites and relevant pages. Make sure you’re constantly checking these things and improving your website quality/content, to see your site shoot up to the top.
What do the top ranking sites have in common?
- They’re listed/claimed on Google Maps
- Have plenty of reviews
- Reference NAP and have plenty of citations
And, they have a solid link in their profile. Make sure you mimic your site to increase your rank.
Quick Recap: What Roofing Service SEO Looks like in 2020 and Beyond
- Set up a great site.
- Make sure your site is granular. Make sure you have relevant, updated content, and add multiple pages for each service offered. Have reviews, add images, video, and create value for your visitors.
- Optimize for Mobility
- Start with Google Mobile test to determine if your site is mobile-friendly. If not, create a mobile site, and make sure it’s easy to see/navigate on all mobile devices.
- Keywords: Titles & Headers of Each Page
- Keywords and geo-modifiers are key on each page. Also, mix things up so it doesn’t look spammy. But, make sure the keywords depict what people will see on those pages.
- Quality, Well-written Content on all Pages
- A 100-word page isn’t going to help your roofing service SEO rank. Try to shoot for a minimum of 300 words per post/piece. And, make sure it’s well-written and grammatically correct.
- Multimedia can help
- Add images and videos to pages of your website. This will help reduce bounce rates and help increase CTR.
- Compile reviews from around the web
- Use the right software to help build your reputation and instantly increase your roofing service SEO rank online.
- Citation & Consistency
- Make sure you’re consistently seen on popular roofing service blogs/sites. Also, make sure you have plenty of citations, on relevant roofing service industries/sites in the local area.
- Blog regularly
- Remember, Google won’t stop crawling your site. So, you want your roofer website to have updated blogs, which add value to your site and give your audience information they can use. If you’re offering a new service or increasing your service area, make sure you blog about this. Always add value and teach your audience something pertinent.
- Building Links & Authority
- Keep them relevant, and try to link to authorities in your local market. Also, request backlinks from relevant and credible roofing service companies in your industry. If they’re local, that’s even better.
- Work Paid-search into the mix
- Leverage your PPC ads. If pay per click ads are doing well, leverage these with different keywords to incorporate for your organic results. Use conversion trackers to see where you’re gaining the most leads, and mix this into your roofing service SEO strategy.
Ready to Grow?
Sign up for a free roofing service SEO consultation with our team. Click here to learn more about our service, and let us help you realize instant returns by working on your roofer website today!