Pay Per Click Advertising otherwise abbreviated as PPC advertising is a type of paid digital advertising where the marketer pays a set amount of money for every time someone clicks on their ad. PPC works not only on the search engines such as Google and Bing but also on social media platforms such as Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn. Nonetheless, this article is all about Good Adwords which is the pioneer PPC platform. Adwords places your ads in front of search engine users typically on the right-hand side and at the top of the search engines. We will also analyze the Google Display Network which instead of placing your ads on the search engines, places them on relevant websites where your target customers can see and click on them.
We will compare the two services so that you can make an informed decision on what would be best for advertising to your target audience.
Making the Decision on Whether PPC is a Good Fit
The first step in the decision is to analyze if you have the financial outlay to get into PPC. You need to analyze if you have enough of budget to pay for advertising or if you could be better of improving your organic reach. If you have set aside some funds for paid advertising, you need to ask if you should spend the entire budget on PPC or if there are other paid traffic sources you could test out.
PPC works really well if your target audience is actively searching for keywords that are a good match for what your business is selling. The budget of the PPC campaign is typically determined by the type of services/products you intend to promote, and the level of competition in the space.
Deciding on the Best Google PPC option that Fits your Strategic Goals:
Why Go with Google Ads
Google AdWords is great if you have an audience that is searching for keywords related to your content, products, and brand. Check out how to set up a Google AdWords Account and a budget here. However, before we set up an AdWords account, let’s look at the benefits of AdWords. You can only analyze the benefits if you have your digital marketing objectives in hand.
Benefits of Google Ad’s:
- Google provides the Google AdWords Keyword Planner which you can use to research terms that your target audience is searching for in the search engines. The best keyword terms that you can use for your AdWords campaigns are longtail keywords that you can get from the Keyword Planner.
- Once you have your long tail keyword terms that your audience is searching for, you then need to create compelling ads about the products and services that you offer.
- Set a daily budget so that you do not run out of the paid ad spend budget before the campaign period is over
- Your ads will be served to your target clientele on tablet, mobile, and desktop.
- Once you have enough data, you can measure the effectiveness of the campaigns. You can analyze the figures for the number of people that saw the ad, the percentage that clicked through to the website and number of sales attributable to the paid traffic.
- With Google AdWords, you can always test and modify your ad campaigns, restart and pose as you wish.
Why choose the Google Display Network?
The Google Display Network makes it possible to serve your ads to a target audience browsing the relevant sections of relevant websites in your niche. Check out how to set up a Google Display Network ad account and campaign here. However, let’s check out the benefits of the Google Display Network so that you can determine if it is the right fit.
Benefits The Display network:
- You get to choose from a variety of ad formats from video ads, mobile ads, image ads, and text ads.
- Highly target your ads so that they are only served to a specified audience. Using the topic targeting feature you can now place your ads on websites with similar topics to yours.
- You can select from pre-made ads, choose or customize or even build your ads from scratch.
- The automatic bidding tool ensures the maximum number of clicks while charging you as little as possible to ensure that you do not run out of budget spend before time.
- Frequency and reach reporting makes it possible to measure and track the performance of your ad. This makes it easier to analyze how many potential clients you reached and the conversion rate.